News and Events
2012 Product Innovation Award for the MultiSource™ Capable recessed lighting fixtures
May 2012 - Architectural SSL magazine presented Kurt Versen with a 2012 Product Innovation Award for the MultiSource™ Capable recessed lighting fixtures. The 4” round and 4” square LED line demonstrate forward thinking and the commitment we have to end users to accommodate both current and future technologies within a lighting system. We are proud to have created a “future proof” product that is both designer friendly and sustainable within its application.
The Kurt Versen LED Lighting Solutions Brochure is Now Available Online!
The Kurt Versen LED Lighting Solutions Brochure summarizes our philosophy and commitment to fulfilling today’s promise…. while engineering for tomorrow’s solutions.
The Kurt Versen LED Product Offering Features:
- A complete line of 4" Round and 4" Square LED recessed fixtures including directional/slope ceiling, downlights and wall washers. Directional/slope ceiling and downlight fixtures are offered with narrow, medium and wide beam distributions.
- All fixtures are MultiSource™ capable which allows source change out after installation from below the ceiling between remote phosphor LED modules, LED PARs and MH MR-16.
- The Flex family of fixtures can be field changed. Directionals, wall washers and downlights are interchangeable, regardless of which fixture was initially installed.
This sustainable construction incorporates traditional Kurt Versen quality, optical control and low brightness.
Armstrong® TechZone™ Approved Fixtures
Kurt Versen partners with Armstrong® to bring you a marriage between aesthetics and functionality.
Kurt Versen is proud to release their 4” square aperture downlights, directionals and wall washers, all Armstrong® approved for use in the TechZone™ 6” technical zone. Offered with compact fluorescent, MR-16 ceramic metal halide and MR-16 low voltage sources, these fixtures provide high lumen output and low brightness lighting solutions that blend seamlessly into the TechZone™ channeling. The line is designed to accommodate multiple TechZone™ configurations. Kurt Versen TechZone™ products provide versatility and control in the organized and elegant Armstrong® TechZone™ system.
2 x 2" and 2 x 4" Fixtures
Kurt Versen’s award winning line of 2x2 and 2x4 fixtures accomplish high efficiency lighting with a discrete aperture. Fixtures designed to support all the latest metal halide MR-16’s, MH T4 T6 and low voltage MR-16 lamps. For use in general lighting, wall washing and accent lighting. The trims echo the classic sophisticated Kurt Versen clean lines with tight corners and subtle SoftGlow® finishes.
- Small aperture with ability to make all adjustments and maintenance from below the ceiling. Shallow depth for small spaces. Floating adjustable aperture allows for easy alignment with other fixtures.
- Aiming in the MH MR-16 and the low voltage MR-16 fixtures is accomplished using a unique gear driven mechanism with a standard screwdriver. Both the vertical and horizontal adjustments loosen, adjust and then lock with the use of the screwdriver.
- The lamp holder for the MH MR-16 and low voltage fixtures have a unique spring system for easy relamping. The cup holder releases and flips down for access to the lamp.
- The reflector system for the T lamp MH fixture supports multiple high efficiency T lamp and base options.
- Ability to connect through wire branch circuiting from fixture to fixture reducing field installation costs.
T4 T6 MH
Kurt Versen’s extensive line of new metal halide fixtures incorporate unique reflector systems that support each type of T4, T4.5 and T6 metal halide lamps and the many base combinations. Offered from 20-150W. The wide breadth of products includes over 50 new models with dedicated optical systems for beam control, resulting in highly efficient performance while minimizing glare. T4 T6 downlights have efficiencies up to 85%. The specialized reflector systems protect from brightness and glare, while providing highly efficient smooth uniform patterns. Available in distributions ranging from wide to medium to narrow and very narrow beams. The T4 T6 MH line uses small apertures of 4” and 6”, in both round and square apertures to accomplish downlighting, wall washing and accent lighting.